Friday, 24 February 2017

A Crochet Experiment

I don't crochet much. Not for any particular reason, it's just that I seem to choose knitting projects. I even have some nice hooks from Knit Picks that I rarely use. But, I decided to change that for once.

I have been wanting to try tapestry crochet for a long time now so I decided to just go ahead and DO IT ALREADY. Ahem. Here's my first try:


It'll be an "A" when it's done. I plan to make several squares, the plan right now is for four, from “Tapestry Crochet” by Renate Kirkpatrick then sew them together to make a pillow cover. If it doesn't exactly fit a pillow I'll figure something out when the time comes. A border can always be crocheted. Went to the stash for the yarn for this project; well, technically my Mom's stash. You might recognize the yarn from my Wee Niece's Hudson Bay Wallaby.

I think I need to tighten up my gauge for this technique since you can clearly see the strand being carried along the back. Not worried about it this time around though as I deliberately went with a hook I thought would give me a loose gauge while I tried this out. Since I'm trying something new I want to be certain I can see my stitches clearly.

Current Weather
-8C and cloudy. Might even be snowing depending on exactly where you are.