Saturday 22 April 2017

The Snowflake Baby Blanket

I finished the Snowflake Baby Blanket but I don't care much for it. The fabric is wonderful (fabulous, gorgeous!) but it's riddled with mistakes; I missed part of the pattern, I don't much care for the combination of chevrons and snowflakes now that I see them live, and I think I used the wrong bind off so the end looks funny. I'm also not a huge fan of the cast on I used although I could live with that part if it weren't for all the other issues.

Plus it's not really big enough to use for anything. It only measures 61cm (24 inches) wide and 53cm (21 inches) long. Definitely not big enough for much. I may end up frogging it and re-using the yarn for something else. I have plenty left over so I could re-use the yarn and make something of a usable size, with fewer mistakes.

Pattern: charted it myself
Yarn: Bernat Softee Baby Solids & Marls in Flannel and White
Gauge: 12 stitches and 10 rows = 10 cm
Needle: Double Loom Knit


No comments:

Post a Comment