Friday 16 June 2017

There has been knitting

Really, there has. Just not a lot of finishing.

Wait... no, there were a couple of things finished. Poo Bag Bags for people with dogs. Still tweaking the pattern for these:

Pattern: Coming soon
Yarn: Cotton Worsted, ball band long gone I'm afraid
Needle: 5.5mm

This might be better on a slightly smaller needle.


Pattern: Coming soon
Yarn: Patons North America Astra (Solids), this is a sport weight yarn
Needle: 3.75mm

I think this should have been done on a slightly larger needle but I couldn't find my 4.0mm or 4.5mm.


A pair of summer socks, mostly cotton, continue to grow although very slowly. They're sitting right by my computer so most progress is being made while waiting for the computer to do something. Like upload pictures.


I really wanted to try some of Frankie Brown's Ten Stitch blanket patterns because they just seem so darn cool, so I'm doing a bright red Ten Stitch Blanket.


And a variegated green Ten Stitch ZigZag. These will both be baby blanket sized and so far I'm loving these patterns.


And more fish for the Fishy Blanky. This will not be the final configuration for the Fish, I just laid them out to take a picture.


Other things are continuing too, a fingering weight sweater for myself, not really needed until fall. And my Scottish Sister's sweater. I swear I'm going to finish it before she leaves!!

I had to abandon the Loom Knitting, it was just too hard on my back and neck because of the way I had to hunch over the loom. It's too bad because I loved the fabric I was getting but one cannot abuse the body too much or the consequences can be painful. Or worse. I'm still trying to think of a way to make a stand for the loom to see if I can resolve this. We'll see what happens.

Current Weather
21C and about to start storming.

No comments:

Post a Comment